Commercial Director – Greater China
Our client is looking for a Commercial Director – Greater China, to responsible for delivering superior growth in China & other customer countries as defined in COMPANY’s strategic market plan. This is accomplished through leadership and driving changes through a geographically diverse sales force including an effective management of local distributors / agents, food services business development and retailing.
Location: Base in Shanghai, China
Reports to: Executive Director - Customer & Channel Development
Scope: Local & Exporting Customer Countries as defined
*A key member of the CCD Leadership Team to the development and execution of the COMPANY’s corporate strategy. Participate in execution/delivery of annual plan and development of the strategic business plan.
* To lead & direct Company Shanghai’s team & functions to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability & budgetary objectives. The role involves strategic planning, managing people, selling, leveraging technology and improving processes. It also creates & executes the CCD - Greater China go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve the business objectives.
* Determines and monitors CCD Greater China’s key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales turnover & volume vs. plan, price per piece, % gross margin by category of products / overall and gross profit percentage or EBITDA. He anticipates and reacts quickly to trends and changes in performance. He also develops & manages budgets.
*Create One, high performing and integrated organization in country & based out at defined key customer countries in line with the principles of go-to -market organizational model and benchmark targets
* Deliver on Annual Plan & drive profitable growth through effective pull strategies in targeted customer segments
* Develop Top to Top relationships with key customers / accounts / distributors / agents to drive effective account / distributor management strategies and effective negotiation of programs. Continuously improve customer relations & services excellence (profitability, growth of share, loyalty, satisfaction, etc)
* Develop & drive Channel and Distributors performance as well as work to ensure positive Win-Win ROI for COMPANY & the customers.
* Champion “Joint Business Planning” excellence with key customers. Work closely with other CCD leadership roles to establish an integrated market approach maximizing push & pull strategies. Work closely with Marketing & Design team to create effective demand strategies and innovation plans. This includes establishment of a contact strategy with the key customers with monthly, quarterly and annually meetings between COMPANY and key customers.
* Develop and implement budget requirements and monitor & adjust accordingly.
* Review, analyze, revise and up-date strategies and programs supporting product, presentation and preparation.
* Review Market data, analyze trends and initiate strategies to maintain market advantage over competition.
* Establish annual, quarterly and monthly forecast & monitoring system by customer/product category.
* Support innovation activity providing insight into market requirements.
* Build and develop local key CCD talents & pipeline. Drive the local CCD team within the various markets.
* Set, measure and hold team accountable for achievement of defined goals.
* Develop and maintain organizational and staffing plans, review training programs and development plans to enhance sales teams.
* Understand customer requirements and source new product or a part of new product locally in China to support customer requirements
* Ensures adherence to local laws pertaining to taxes and reports financial status of China operations on monthly basis; analyzes variances and develops improvements in coordination with the Bangkok Head Office.
*At least 10 years of work experience in Commercial role preferably with track record of success in Food Service Supplies (ie. tableware, glassware or kitchenware) or FMCG / Consumer Products and sales work experience in other channels is a plus.
* Strong business connect with distributors or agents or customers in China
* Have a good working level of business acumen & ability to spot business improvement areas from financial statement / report / analysis such as ROI etc.
* Chinese nationality with good command of both written and spoken Chinese & English.
* Bachelor or Master degree in Business administration or related field
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills
* Proactive and possess "can do" attitude, entrepreneurial spirit & practical creativity
* Willing to go extra miles, take on challenging tasks & drive own initiatives with a strong determination & commitment to deliver the targets set
* Good analytical skills, able to work well under pressure and having good interpersonal & persuasive communication skills.
* Computer-literate & have a good working knowledge and hands on skill of Microsoft Office Excel / Words / PowerPoint.